Hermaphrodite is an animal or plant that normally possesses both male and female reproductive systems. In some species such as the Hermat, this is a natural phenomenon in which all members of the species share, while in other species such as Humans, it is an extremely rare genetic mutation. Such individuals often identify as intersexed rather than traditional male or female identities, though it is not unheard of for some to choose a gender for others to refer to them by.
- Tholians: (ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly")
- Hermat: (Star Trek: New Frontier article at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek wiki.novelInto the Void)
- Vanessa Ann Lucifel - Affected by Omicron spores during conception.
- Candela Greene: - Chromosome ambiguity during conception is believed to be the cause.
- Melina 128 - Normal for her species.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|